Howdy folks. I grabbed this meme from sweet Susan of Penless Thoughts.
(OK...Note. I had to change a couple of the questions. This meme including a couple of idiotic ones like "Name 3 people who will do this meme." Gag. and "Does someone have a crush on you?" Lame!)
1.Do you like cheese? Cheese is like savory chocolate. O yes, it is and OH YES, I do!
2.Have you ever smoked? When I was 7 I smoked my dad's pipe as his idea of a joke on my mom. Their marriage went downhill from there!
3. Do you own a gun? My Winchester 243, a shotgun and Mulletman's hunting rifle.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? I do this year. :D I'm especially enjoying my new Barlow Girls' cd!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No - not usually
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Oh my. THAT's a loaded question. Theoretically, I hate hot dogs. They're full of fat and fillers and nitrates and most people eat them on a limp, nasty, tasteless white bun. They score even more demerits if they steam or boil their dogs. *shudder* Worst of all is when people buy red hot dogs and call them food. What? You don't have red hot dogs where you live? Come to Maine, my friend. Come to Maine and be nauseated!
Having said all that, I do like the taste of a quality beef hot dog, seared in butter and served on a whole wheat bun with ketchup, mustard and pickle relish.
7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? "Mary Did You Know?"
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? First 2 glasses of water. I'm always dehydrated when I wake up. Then a couple of cups of strong, black coffee.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes indeedy, I can.
10. Who is your favorite Grey's Anatomy Character? I've never seen the show, but I did see an actual Grey's Anatomy text book at one of the Christmas parties I went to and I skimmed the pages. Does that count?
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring and my silver 25th anniversary necklace.
12. Favorite hobby? That would be blogging!
13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? Sure, why not? But no squid. I draw the line at squid!
14. Do you have A.D.D.? That depends on who you ask!
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? I finish my husband's sentences - usually incorrectly!
16. Middle Name? Lynn (boring!)
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? "Lynn is boring", "I do not want to get pregnant at my age", and "oatmeal sounds yummy"
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? A new shure microphone, cable, and mic stand for Eclipsed!
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, water & black tea.
20. Current worry right now? Is that question a bit redundant, or is it my imagination? Either way, the answer is: Dealing kindly with my mother who talks TOO MUCH and will be here ALL day.
21. Current hate? For some inexplicable reason, red hot dogs come to mind... also birds (see #50), and having to wear sensible shoes.
22. Favorite place to be? At home.
23. How will you bring in the New Year? With much snoring. I'll be in bed by 9 or 10pm!
24. Where would you like to go? To visit Funsocksgirl in NY.
25. Why do you waste people's time by putting meme's on your blog? I'm lazy!
26. Do you own flip flops? None. Due to some foot difficulties, I only wear sensible shoes. It is the bane of my existance!
27. What shirt are you wearing? A long sleeve burgundy T and a thick, soft, snuggly, grey fleece button-down.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, but I do like flannel sheets, especially in Maine in the winter!
29. Can you whistle? Ayuh
30. Favorite color? anything but beige. I can't abide beige!
31. Would you be a pirate? Would I wear piratey clothes and talk funny? Yes. Would I rob, rape, pillage, and plunder? No.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? usually something obnoxious from Veggie Tales.
33. Favorite girl's name? Right now? Lydia Grace
34. Favorite boy's name? Marcus Allen
35. What's in your pocket right now? one disgusting tissue
36. Last thing that made you laugh? I can't think of a specific incident, but Silly-Head makes me laugh about a dozen times a day. That child is seriously a clown!
37. Bed sheets as a child? I'm so old we didn't have bed sheets. We used burlap bags. (just kidding...)
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Broken heart from wayward child
39. Do you love where you live? Yes I do. I truly do! Well, I do as long as no one tries to sneak a red hot dog on my plate!
40. How many TV's do you have in your house? None in our portion of the house. One in Gram and Gramp's apartment.
41. Who is your loudest friend? I'm pretty loud (though I am working on speaking more quietly), but Navy Davy has me beat.
42. How many dogs do you have? Sadly, none. Thank you for bringing up such a painful topic...
43. How many hours do you sleep each night? Nine. Fewer than that and I am grouchy all day!
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? No. I do so many dumb things, that I'd be in a mental ward if I embarassed easy. And lets not forget that GrammaJ can be a bit embarassing when I am shopping with her. If I were to feel embarassed then I'd probably get angry with her. Instead I either ignore her remarks or laugh.
45. What is your favorite book? My Bible, bar none.
46. What is your favorite candy? Snickers - the original
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? I've never even heard it.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I want a video played of me singing "All My Tears". I'd better not die soon though, because we haven't recorded it yet!
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleeping (duh!)
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? "Dang, it's Saturday and the birds are coming!" I wake up to NPR. During the week there's news, but on Saturday Garrison Keiler does The Writer's Alamanac - a very short piece about a poet or two. Then...the birds. I hate the birds. They play this obnoxious recording of zillions of birds tweeting and chirping and warbeling. It lasts FOREVER! Our alarm clock is across the room from our bed. Saturday is the one day I bounce out of bed so I can smack that radio OFF!