09 December 2008

I'm a Groovy Winner and a Groovy Loser!

Wow. What a week!

I've won a solar recharger worth $150! I went to Modern Eco Homes to enter and I told them how the girlies had raided the recycling bin to make their Christmas gifts. And I WON! Is that groovy, or what?

Here are my recycling champs:


And this is the amazing Solio recharger. It can charge all my handheld devices!


Ironically, we only own ONE handheld device - Mulletman's iPod. But it's still very groovy!

Then, I bought two $1 raffle tickets downtown for a victorian doll and for a complete ice cream serving set and coupons for sundae ingredients. I got the call yesterday that we won the doll! Isn't she pretty? All her clothes and the quilt behind her are homemade. :D


As you see, Girly-Girl is maniacally happy about the doll! Silly-Head is happy too because now her sister will let her use a much coveted other doll from the hallowed and sacred dolly bed.

Lastly, I won a random Disney surprise from Damselfly. I don't know what it is yet, but I shall post a picture as soon as it arrives.



************
I've also lost some things this week.

I've lost my son, in a manner of speaking only. He shipped off to war early this morning. Happily, he just bought a new laptop with a webcam, so we'll be able to keep in contact. In fact, I'll probably hear from him more than I did when he was in Texas! :D


My other loss was 2 solid pounds of bloat after only 24 hours on the Flat Belly Diet. Whee-Haw! I have my third post up on my diet blog now.



On a sadder note, I've also lost my brain and my energy due to fewer calories, no caffeine, and hormone fluxuations.


**AHEM**

Hopefully that'll all clear up when I conclude the first four days of the Flat Belly Diet. The first four days are more restrictive in order to help "de-bloat" the participants. I'll be done with that part Thursday night and move on to the more livable portion of the diet plan on Friday.

************
OK...off to have school with the girlies (if I can A. stay awake and B. get them in out of the snow) and finish the Christmas cards for my writer's group on Writers Weekly. Have a lovely day, all of you!


Mwa!

5 comments:

notcon4med said...

Let's hear it for sugar! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!
*ahem*
Sorry...that probably was not very helpful or supportive of you or your future flat belly...I mean your even now flattening belly!
: D

Susan said...

Yeah for the blessings of the 2 wins!!! The doll, clothes & quilt are special. So proud of your girls!!!!

Good on your diet....Mine, I'm sorry to say, is in abeyence until after January 1st. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs....over & over & OVER!!!!
Susan

Dawn said...

I'll have to come over and check out this new food plan (which I prefer to the word "diet")! Congrats! One all counts!

Rita Loca said...

I have added your son to my permanent prayer list.

Anonymous said...

The word "bloat" makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. Smother.

Praying for your boy! HUG.

Congratulations on all the wins! :o)