14 April 2008

More About Memememememe

Once again I wasn't running fast enough and someone tagged me. This time it was Jungle Mom.

Here's what I have to do:

6 Word Memoir Meme

The Rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play

She always laughed with poor timing.



Yep, that about sums it up. Makes my life awkward, it does. Don't believe me? Here are just three of the zillions of TRUE examples I could give you:

-*-I see a fellow grocery shopper with an odd assortment of groceries coming up that conveyer belt after my bananas. I see white bread, 15 types of processed food, diet soda and health magazine trying to hide its embarassed cover under a 6-pack of yogurt with chocolate chips. I start smirking, then chuckling. If I'm in a particularly gregarious mood, my mouth opens and I make "a joke" - like the time the lady was buying cat food and pie crusts. That was all, JUST cat food and pie crusts. They almost had to call 911 I was laughing so hard.

Might I add that the catfood-pie lover was not amused.

-*-One of my sweet, innocent babies gets hurt and often I have to get through my laughing fit before I am of any earthly help to him/her. These injuries usually involve an odd predicament (like getting his little head stuck in the toy box) or a funny looking fall (ala Dick Van Dyke). No wonder they run to Daddy!

-*-The time we decided to show The Jesus Film for Children to the girlies. It was getting the very serious and dramatic part where the Roman soldiers are abusing the Lord and - I couldn't help it - I started giggling at the goofy scrub brushes on top of the Roman helmets. They just struck me the wrong way and I lost it.

Mulletman kicked me out of the room and scowled at me the whole rest of the evening.

So you see, an ill timed sense of humor can make life very difficult. (difficult, but FUN!)

Here Groovy continues to be her renegade self by not tagging anyone.

***************************************************

Jungle Mom also had another mememememememe that I really liked. She didn't tag me again - she was probably afraid to, but I liked it, so I'm gonna "steal" it.

A meme about ME!

A meme from the Cozy Reader

1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com/
2. Type in your answer to the question in the “search” box
3. Use only the first page
4. Insert the picture into your Blog.

1. What is your current relationship stat?
( happily married))




2. What is your current mood?
( headachy and crampy)





3. What is your favorite band/singer?
(Third Day)




4. What is your favorite Movie?
(Monsters Inc)





5. Where do you live?
(Central Maine)



(It's hard to stay warm in the winter in a boxcar, but we manage somehow.)


6. Where do you work?
( A. writing online) (cakes in the kitchen)

A.

(This is not me, but sometimes when I am writing -or trying to write -I feel exactly like this!)

B.

(I'm not sure what this has to do with "kitchen" unless it's the name of their band, but yes...that's about how I act in the kitchen whilst making wedding and/or party cakes.)


7. What do you look like?
(salt and pepper with glasses)



(Hahahahahahahahaha!!)


8. What do you drive?
( Villager)





9. What is your favorite TV show?
( I hate TV!)




10. Describe yourself?
( I try to always look at the bright side of things.)



(and then my companions raise their collective skeptical eyebrows at me and say this:)




11. What are you doing today?
( Goats for 4-H)




12. What did you do last night?
( Attended a piano concert)




13. What is your name?
(Groovy!)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than inappropriate laughter. Nothing funnier, nothing worse, nothing more annoying to other people.

This is one of the best memes I've read. I love the grocery store health magazine, the catfood pie, the brushes on the helmets, and I so identified with the inappropriate laughter over children's injuries. Maybe our children can get a cut rate at therapy for this.

So Groovy!

Long and Short Reviews said...

Loving both these memes!! I always laugh hardest at inappropriate times... they are always funnier!

I may steal that second meme. We'll see...

Marianne Arkins said...

And, dang it... I posted with the wrong account again! ARGH.

That was me up above. **sigh**

Tammy said...

These memes are great!!! Except that piano concert photo is a bit creepy somehow...I love dolls, but...LOL

Actually, this was so much fun- I may have to try it!

Meanwhile, my exciting reveal of "the calamity" has been revealed in Part 3...I know you're on the edge of your seat! ;)

Rita Loca said...

LOL! You are so crazy!!!

groovyoldlady said...

Oh Jungle Mom,

What is this "crazy" you speak of?

Keetha Broyles said...

I heard about six word memoirs a whie back on NPR and posted about it on my blog back then (didn't do the whole forward to others thing though.)

I think mine was "She made everyone laugh, including herself." Or close thereunto.

Fun stuff.

Lone Butterfly said...

You and Mary Tyler Moore with your poor timing. ;)

Cute Meme - I've never done one, but this is creative enough to make me want to try.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

This reminded me of how long it's been since I've watched that adorable movie, "Monster's Inc" I think I will have to go dig out and watch it again.

Very cute meme!

Anonymous said...

I am prone to inappropriate laughter myself. I am very intrigued about the cat food and the pie crusts. There's a story there!

Keetha Broyles said...

I was hoping to GLEAN some new friends through the Fashion Fiesta. By George - - - I think it worked!!! Today I added THREE new entries to my blog list and you are one of them. Can you FIND yourself there?

The three I added are gals who have been coming back to my blog and commenting even after the Fiesta.

anno said...

Whoa! I'm still trying to figure out that picture for cakes in the kitchen. Hope you're over your headache.

Dawn said...

Your inappropriate laughter stories cracked me up.

How did you do that picture??

Sue Seibert said...

Loved the memememememsssss. And that photo of you was great! HAHA!

Unknown said...

I did this too! what fun but was it time consuming for you, or was it just me that had trouble doing it?
I just knew a HIPPIE van would pop up for your Groovy Name!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo of you! It kind of scared me at first but it was hilarious!

Damselfly said...

Once again, you have outdone yourself! Too funny!