21 December 2006

5 Things You May or May Not Know About Me...

1) I truly am an award winning writer. When I was 10 years old, I won first place in the Tex-Mex Nature tours' conservation essay contest. Here's the winning piece (all spelling and punctuation are as actually in the piece.):

Why Birds?

Many times you may wonder why we conserve birds, or even try to for that matter. Well, to tell the truth, I can name quite a few reasons why we should conserve birds. For one thing, many birds eat insects harmful to trees so without birds we might not have as many trees. There's also birds like eagles and hawks which are birds of prey that eat many rodents which are harmful to crops. Another good reason for conserving birds is because without birds the people who work in birdfood factories would lose their jobs and birdwatchers would disappear. Besides birds also add color, and beauty, and beautiful songs to our world and to some people just seeing birds twittering in the trees makes them happy. Anyway, don't you think it would be terrible to live in a country whose national symbol was an extincct bird?

A couple of things that might help you conserve birds are you don't have to kill a bird of any kind just so you can stick a feather in a hat or so you can make a quill pen. I mean there are enough feathers on the ground to handle that. I also happen to think that Hollywood can do without costumes made of feathers.

And so, I think when all is said and done, that God truly meant for all the people of the world to enjoy the full beauty and sound of all the many varieties of birds he created just for us.

***********

2) My mom has been married six times and had to give my half-brother up for adoption. I have only met him once and we don't keep in touch any more.

3) When I was in the 5th grade I won a contest by standing on my head longer than anyone else. As I recall, the timing was somewhere in the vicinity of 45 minutes. I am 43 years-old and I can still stand on my head, though the timing is more like 4.5 minutes now!

4) I played the part of Satan in an Easter play when I was 5 months pregnant. My makeup was wonderful, and no one would have even suspected I was a woman if it hadn't been for my voice. Satan sounded rather femmy in that play!

5) I've been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 25 years. We've had some rough patches, but I can honestly say that he's the only man for me. Love truly does grow!

Now let's hear 5 interesting tidbits about YOU!

1 comment:

Ballpoint Wren said...

Groovy! The voice of Satan! Ha!

Groovy, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and thank you for all the funny posts you've made, as well as the funny comments on my blog. You really are a groovy chick!

Love,
Bonnie