08 July 2014

Back to WRITING

Hi Folks,

Groovy here.  Facebook is now a thing of the past.  Do you know what that means?

Hmmmm?

Do you?

IT MEANS I WON'T BE NOTIFIED FOR 427 DIFFERENT PEOPLES' BIRTHDAYS!~

It means no more stupid game requests.

It means no more gratuitous pics of adorable children, cats, goats, hamsters, or horses.

It means no more political Hoo-Haw.

It means no more "If you believe this is true then repost it or else."

It means my hubby's mind will be at ease - he's NEVER been comfortable with Facebook.

It means I won't be so distracted (at least, not from Facebook!)

************************************************

It also means I can spend more time writing.

So there.

I'll be back this weekend.

With WORDS.

See ya then!

4 comments:

anno said...

hmmm.... so this made me think: what does it mean that my first instinct was to look for the "Like" button? Nothing good, I am sure.

I think your decision is brave and wise and good. Might be joining you sometime soon.... after I finish the current photography challenge, that is...

Have missed you. Suddenly realized how long it's been since I'd heard from you; am glad to find you here.

Anyway. Thinking of you, wishing you well.

groovyoldlady said...

Anno!!!!!!!!! I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!! Please come often - and get busy writing, girlfriend. There's been nothing new on your blog for YEARS!!!!!

I'm bound and determined to up my writing ante. It's taken a complete withdrawal from FB and a month long trip that include daily journaling to help snap me out of the FB numb brain funk of disasterousness. Now...I am BACK! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

anno said...

It's been a time of transitions, Groovy: lots of experiences-- aging parents, in-laws who just moved in with us, me with a new full-time job for the first time in 25 years, daughter graduating from university, and my own parents who are navigating their own difficulties -- and not much time for words. Maybe later. For now, it is enough to be well and healthy and occasionally take a picture or two.

Am very much looking forward, though, to hearing more about your own thoughts and adventures! Much love to you and your family, goats & all -- Happy Thanksgiving
!

groovyoldlady said...

Thanksgiving was good but small. Just us and the parents and the 2 younger girls.

I hear you on the "changes". Sometimes scary, sometimes exhilerating, always exhausting. In fact, I'm too tired to look up the word I misspelled there...

Have a very MERRY Christmas!