12 July 2014

Thinking in Complete Sentences

Well, I cut loose from Facebook addiction five days ago.  I do, indeed, miss it.  It's such an easy way to keep up with friends!  However, I am now seeing what all that quick interaction has done to my brain.  I can recall the days when I used to think in paragraphs and essays.  I used to construct blog posts in my head and almost ache until I wrote them down.  Now I am limited to mere blurbs.

I find my brain composing Facebook entries - only a sentence or two long:

"Lots of silliness going on in the Groovy household today!"

"Take THAT tomato blight!"

"I just squashed the world's ugliest moth.  Shudder!"

"Audacity is a wonderful, simple to use, FREE audio recording program.  LOVE it!!!"

"Heard recently in the Groovy household:  'I'd rather eat a bugger than earwax ANY day!'"
           
"There are so many insects this year, that I firmly resolved to kill the all.  (exceptions will be          made for bees and butterflies and ladybugs.  Everyone else is DEAD MEAT!"

You get the picture...

At any rate, my poor brain needs to be retrained again to flow with complete thoughts.  To build the story around the pithy little quote.  To communicate with clear prose again.

I need to, once again, become a story teller.

I can feel the stories there.  They're aching to come out.  I just need to finish going through these withdrawal symptoms.

CURSE YOU, FACEBOOK!   ;-)

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Gonna miss you there but love ya here too.

groovyoldlady said...

I miss the interaction ALOT. But it's all for the best. My sweetie was never comfortable with FB and I need to honor him.

Wendy Carlyle said...

I miss you.

Noreen
PS - Wendy is my writing name.

groovyoldlady said...

Awww, I miss you too, Noreen. My brain is going crazy with FB withdrawal, but I shall survive. It's amazing how conditioned one can become to posting every little thought that comes to mind! Not to mention all the info available on social media. I am having to really rethink how to do things like advertise my yard sale and keep up with births and weddings and sad/happy days.... And I miss lovingly sparring with you over social issues. *sigh* Ah well, this is how it is for now.

Tara Gibson said...

Are you gonna write soon?

groovyoldlady said...

I'm writing today, Tara! THANKS FOR MISSING ME!!