29 January 2008

I've Got to Start Running Faster

Because everyone tags me.

Here is another Meme; This one from Selma. At the end of this post you will find my desperate plea for a Scholarship to attend the Proverbs 31 "She Speaks" Conference as well as some orts and oddments of interest.

IN 2008

1. Will you be looking for a new job?


No. (There, that one was easy!)

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?

If, by relationship, you mean new friends, then ABSOLUTELY! If, by relationship, you mean a new intimate male companion, then ABSOLUTELY NOT. Mulletman and I have been married for 25 years and he's my forever sweetie-pie!

3. New house?

We know all the quirks of this one, so we'll probably stay put, even if it is a tad too large.

4. What will you do differently in 2008?

I will NOT get injured so that I have to stay on the sidelines for the Trek Across Maine. I WILL ride!!! (Lord willing!)

5. New Year’s resolution?

To grow closer to my Savior. Everything else is peripheral.

6. What will you not be doing in 2008?

Watching TV. Downhill skiing. Traveling to Alaska. Being serious for long. Playing hockey. Joining the Ku Klux Klan. Voting for Hillary or Obama. Feeding my pet camel. Hiring a housekeeper. Cooking cabbage. Donating my body to science. Making a million dollars. Sending birthday presents to my grand-rodents (3 hamsters and 1 "old man" gerbil)

7. Any trips planned?

I'd LOVE to go to the Proverbs 31 "She Speaks" Conference in June (in North Carolina) and you will (God willing) see a post up about that today or tomorrow. In order for me to go, I'd need a Scholarship.

8. Wedding?

None that I know of, but my in-laws will (again, God willing) celebrate their 50th anniversary in August.

9. Major things on your calendar?

The aforementioned anniversary and...Tada!...The Trek Across Maine on Father's Day weekend. You'll be hearing more about that later. MUCH more. So much that your brain may explode. However, I'm actually hoping I will inspire your wallet to explode to support the American Lung Association.

10. What can’t you wait for?

My next dose of chocolate and 24 hours where no one needs me.

11. What would you like to see happen differently?

My son's and daughter-in-law's marriage to be healed.

12. What about yourself will you be changing?

More focus on "Real" writing.

13. What happened in 2007 that you didn’t think would ever happen?

I single-handedly moved my mom up from South Carolina to Maine. (With some packing help from Notconformed and her fabulous daughter!)

My whole family got lice.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?

I usually AM nice to them.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 2007?

Yeah/...I'm thinking of moving to plaid stretch pants and wide brimmed straw hats.

16. Will you start or quit drinking?

One gets rather dehydrated if one doesn't drink!

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?

Right now the only needed improvement would be with my DIL. Currently our "relationship" is nonexistant.

18. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification, according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear." (Eph 4:29)

"Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of every opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person." (Colossians 4: 5-6)

In short, Yes.

19. Do you expect 2008 to be a good year for you?

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be, but if circumstances turn ugly, I am confident that God will see me through.

20. How much did you change from this time last year until now?

I am MUCH less judgmental of others!

21. Do you plan on having a child?

Only if the vasectomy fails and the Lord wills. We are, however, hoping for more pets.

22. What are/were your plans for New Year’s Eve?

To bed by 9pm. Yes, we live life right on the edge.

23. Will you/ did you have someone to kiss at midnight?

Nah, he was sleeping too!

24. One wish for 2008….

I have two: for the first, see #11

The second? To have some of my writing actually, you know, PUBLISHED.


***********************************************
Sometimes, you should not listen to your screaming hormones:

"KILL! KILL! KILL! EAT! EAT! EAT!!"

Other times, you should:

"REST, you idiot. You don't feel well!"

I didn't listen yesterday (when I should have) and today I am totally wiped out.

***********************************************

Hmmm. I thought I had more fascinating tidbits for you, but I think the broom of fatigue has swept them all away into the dustpan of forgefulness
...
***********************************************

OK...More about theProverbs 31 "She Speaks" Thingy: It's a fabulosa conference in June where women are taught how to effectively minister to other women through the mediums of writing and public speech.

Unfortunately, it is expensive and in far-away North Carolina.

Fortunately, Lysa TerKeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries is offering a scholarship for some, poor deserving Blogger (like moi) to attend for FREE.

I'd really like that scholarship to go. I'd really, REALLY like that scholarship because:

A. My husband is very gracious and good to me, but he would NEVER fork over the bucks to let me go away to something that far away.

B. I desperately want to write and speak to women about the Lord - and I feel He has called me to do just that - but I could use a solid dose of national teaching and equipping in those departments.

C. I NEED to get away from all the NEEDY people in my life for a few days. SERIOUSLY.

D. It would be a wonderful respite after the pressures of the Trek Across Maine the weekend before.

E. I WANT TO MEET BOO-MAMA AND BIG-MAMA IN PERSON!!!!!

F. My notes on false guilt and God's grace are languishing in the "unpublished" file and I'm sure the conference would give me the needed catalyst to polish them up and submit them somewhere.

G. Oooo. And I have notes on "purity" too.

H. and even MORE notes on "Spiritual Eating Disorders"

I. Catalyst, catalyst, catalyst. I NEED a catalyst!!!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Loved, loved, loved your answers to this meme!!!

Use that potential you have, Groovy!!!!!
Susan

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What wonderful answers my Groovy Friend!
By the by the word verification tickles me. it has the word fumpy in it! Is that kin to frumpy?

funsocksgirl said...

hey my mamma! will they consider notes of endorsement from a daughter because i will write a glowing account of you to get you that scholarship! love you :)

Dawn said...

I hope you get to go!! Loved your answers, and I hoe #11 comes to pass.

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh, ho... even wiped out, you make me laugh!! When do I get to find out if you're this funny in person?

Good luck with all your needs, and, hey, go have that chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I've got it figured out. Your mother is from S.C. All you have to do is say, "Oh! Mom forgot something!" and drive down to S.C. to get it, passing through N.C. just in time for the conference, so you stop there, and find the thing your mom forgot so you don't have to go all the way to S.C. and that's how you get to go.

groovyoldlady said...

Anne, it just wouldn't work. The man would say, "Yeah? So have her friend Ju mail it up."

Sigh

notcon4med said...

No, here's the plan: You need to tell him that you need to spend time with ME in SC! That'll do it...RIGHT!

Though, one wonders...what does distance have to do with it? Are you equating distance with cost?

anno said...

Hmmm... maybe you could schedule a family vacation in NC? And then excuse yourself for a week?

Maybe not. I'll keep the prayers coming.

And what do you have against cabbage? This sounds like a challenge!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey, good luck on the conference. I'd like to go too, maybe we'll meet!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 24 hours with no one asking me for something would be great!

Anonymous said...

Great answers. Witty as always. I so hope you get to that conference and I have no doubt you will get something published!

Celly B said...

It sounds like God has planted some great seeds of writing topics in your heart. Good luck on attending the conference.

groovyoldlady said...

Linda and Celly, WELCOME!!

NCF: I am not the world traveler that you and yours are. Going to NC would indeed be equated with cost. I would either have to fly or make a day and a half drive. Mm would not be likely to let me drive that far alone and flying is EXPENSIVE. However, if the cost of the conference and accomodations were already covered, I might be able to talk him into a plane ticket.

Selma, Thanks dear, You're a peach!