07 August 2010

In Which Groovy Vows to Write More Often

What is it with me and writing lately?

I love to write and I love to blog, but lately I've been so in the midst of Facebook the busyness of life that I've had neither the time nor the focus for blogging or Squidoo. This is a very sad state of affairs because I love to write and create and research and learn and - let's face it - I'm addicted to my reader's written applause. Or I was.

(Groovy sits and ponders deep thoughts for a minute - which is pretty much her deep thinking limit.)

Nah, I still am. I love to be silly and make people laugh (or at least snort and roll their eyes) and I like honing that skill/talent/ability/immaturity here.

Yes, you are my guinea pigs. (You have my permission to snort).

I am aware, however, that blogs with infrequent posts tend to lose readership. In fact I have always maintained that a blogger should write at least once a week. And I live in steadfast admiration and awe of those who write daily! My friend Marianne posts pretty much every day and JungleMom ranks right up there for posting frequency - even though both of them are on Facebook (How do they escape the FB time-sucking vortex????). Better yet, they are both interesting to read (not something that can be said of every blogger).

I guess the difference is that they both more driven and committed to writing regularly while I am....lazy. Oh yes, Groovy, but lazy.

*sigh*

Anyhoo, I am going to a writer's conference next Saturday; I spent money on it and everything. I reckon I'd better get my writing butt kicked into gear and crank out something worthwhile to read aloud for the peer evaluations. I also plan to meet with other local writers once a month over this next year. It would be so nice to waltz into the meeting with some songs or poems or skits or CHAPTERS in my hand that I had actually, you know, written and all. They're a NEAT bunch of writers that range from closet poets to published authors of several novels. There is so much I can learn from them! Perhaps seeing their thoughful faces and getting their feedback on a regular basis will give me the push I need to write regularly and to write better.

And 10 Points extra if I can make them laugh...

(20 Points if I can make milk come out their noses!)




5 comments:

Dawn said...

Very few write as much as we used to, but I miss those who have dropped out entirely. Keep writing! You must.

See you before we know it!

Bear said...

After which Bear vows to read Groovy's blog more often.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

And I need to get better at keeping up with my blogging friends. Sometimes it doesn't seem like very long since I posted and I realize it has been a week! Yikes!

groovyoldlady said...

Bear!!!!!!! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear!

Unknown said...

and you are such a good writer! I love it when you make milk come out of my nose!

and KUDOs to my sis (Jungle Hut). She is a talented writer.

I'm happy to see that you too have experienced being sucked in to the Facebook vortex! That really is why I don't blog as often; but I really miss blogging regularly. Lately, I've crept back and am loving it again!
Have fun entertaining at the writer's conference.