16 June 2010

In Which Groovy Fails in the Finish-What-You-Start Battle of Life

HiHo My Internutty Friends,

This is my groovy blog where I am supposed to sound interesting and clever and witty and intelligent. Will you settle for hormonal?

;-)

Bleh.

I am on the tail end of a cold and dealing with my "time", both of which have drained the power right out of my inner transformer. My brain comes up with this great to-do list and my body says, "Naaaah."

Oh well. I sealed the seams on the tent yesterday and just got it all rolled and packed. So there's 1 to-do that I can completely check off! Huzzah!

Today I tried to do some yard work. I had lofty plans, but only managed to water the garden and transplant some sad, waterlogged bachelor buttons. The slug-eaten marigolds and limp sunflowers will just have to wait.

I squirted cleaner in the toilet and kind of swished it around, but still need to finish the bathroom.

I thought about making pizza for supper, but I don't feel like making dough.

I did get our clothes packed for the Trek and noticed some things Mulletman may have forgotten (Did you want underwear and socks, Darling? Tee-hee. No, I'm NOT kidding!), so I can't zip the bag shut yet.

I wrote checks to pay some bills, but haven't transferred the money to cover the payments yet.

I got the girls to write letters to the child we support through Compassion International, but haven't written my note yet.

Ah well, the evening is not yet over. I have 2 hours before we leave for a family worship service. Surely I can accomplish something before then.

Maybe.

Gee, I love to see the birds at my birdfeeder..... Huh? Oh. Yeah. I can hear ya, "Hey Groovy, get off your duff and FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED!"

Ok, Ok, I'm going!

I guess I'll catch up with you all again after the Trek Across Maine. We'll be leaving around noon tomorrow for 4 days of fun and work and adventure - assuming I actually get some of this stuff done.

Bye!






4 comments:

Dawn said...

I sure hope you get your energy back before you head off on the trek - sounds hard if you don't! I know how you feel though - not wanting to do anything that requires any energy at all.

I just caught the butterfly release post - how did I miss that?? What a wonderful experience for all of you.

Have a good safe trip on the trek and thankfully you discovered the discrepancy in the suitcase!

See you next month!! More details later.

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Heh, you finish way more than I even start! Have fun.

Marianne Arkins said...

Geez... I'm like that and don't have your excuse (yet!).

Hang in there!!

PS. I'm jealous you HAVE birdfeeders. I miss mine. (:::grumble, stupid bear, grumble:::)

林奕廷 said...

感謝您費心的分享您的生活!讓我也感同身受!