The instructions: Just copy the list of 100 accomplishments, highlight the ones you've achieved in bold, and elaborate as desired. Be forewarned, this is a long meme: a marathon to read; just about as long to write.
A couple of the numbers were missing, so I made up my own topics.
001. Started my own blog. Many moons ago, Funsocksgirl started my first blog for me as Sherrybell on Xanga.com. Then I became groovyoldlady on Xanga. Somewhere along the way I started one on LiveJournal, but ended up just double posting there. Boring. Finally I moved here to Blogger.
No, I'm not going to post a link. You KNOW where this blog is!
Then, 3 years ago , I started my Groovy Trekkers Blog.
002. Slept under the stars. On the beach in Texas as a kid. I also got sprayed with large scale mosquito pesticides by a big truck while doing so.
003. Played in a band. Yep...still do. I play hand percussion, recorder, and I sing.
004. Visited Hawaii.
005. Watched a meteor shower. Right here in our own back yard.
006. Given more than I can afford to charity.
007. Been to DisneyWorld/Land. Both. Too many times.
008. Climbed a mountain. A few here in Maine and Mt. Garfield in Colorado.
009. Held a praying mantis. My absolute FAVORITE insect of all time!
010. Sung a solo. Many, many, many, MANY times.
011. Bungee jumped. No way!
012. Visited Paris.
013. Watched lightning at sea.
014. Taught myself an art from scratch.
015. Adopted a child.
016. Had food poisoning. Bad kielbasa. Bad, BAD kielbasa!
017. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
018. Grown my own vegetables.
019. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
020. Slept on an overnight train. I've never been on a "real" train.
021. Had a pillow fight.
023. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.
024. Built a snow fort.
025. Held a lamb. Not a lamb, but many goat kids!
026. Gone skinny dipping. We spent most of our time seeing how fast we could get our bathing suits back on in case our camp counselor came down the path.
027. Run a marathon. I've walked and biked, but never ran.
028. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
029. Seen a total eclipse.
030. Watched a sunrise or a sunset. As often as possible.
031. Hit a home run.
032. Been on a cruise.
033. Seen Niagara Falls in person. I'm hoping to see the falls again soon!
034. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors.
035. Seen an Amish community.
036. Taught myself a new language.
037. Had enough money to be satisfied.
038. Had a tatoo removed.
039. Spit off a bridge.
040. Seen Michelangelo's David.
041. Sung karaoke.
042. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
043. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
044. Visited Africa. Only in my dreams. Morocco, Botswana, Swaziland, and Kenya top my list of places I most want to visit.
045. Walked on a beach by moonlight. I spent my teen years in Daytona...
046. Been transported in an ambulance.
047. Had my portrait painted. Never. But I did get one of those caricature sketches done.
048. Gone deep sea fishing. Caught a sting ray!
049. Been to the Sistine Chapel in person.
050. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
051. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
052. Kissed in the rain. I'm married to my high school sweetheart. We've kissed pretty much everywhere...
053. Played in the mud. "Mud, mud, I like mud. I'm absolutely, positively wild about mud. I can't go around it, I've got to go through. Mud, mud, I like you!"
054. Gone to a drive-in theater. Many moons ago
055. Been in a movie.
056. Visited the Great Wall of China.
057. Started a business. Well, not a REAL business. But I've made cakes for hire, catered, provided housekeeping/janitorial services and ran a small (very small!) day care. Currently I am an unemployed freelance writer (emphasis on the "free").
058. Taken a martial arts class.
059. Visited Russia.
060. Served at a soup kitchen.
061. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
062. Gone whale watching.
063. Got flowers for no reason.
064. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. Not any more though. I'm anemic!
065. Gone sky diving. I'd like to...
066. Visited a Nazi concentration camp site.
067. Bounced a check.
068. Flown in a helicopter.
069. Saved a favorite childhood toy up until adulthood. I still have my favoritest stuffed lion and my Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls.
070. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
071. Eaten caviar.
072. Pieced a quilt. Several - all simple, none remarkable.
073. Stood in Times Square.
074. Toured the Everglades.
075. Been fired from a job. Only once...and if she hadn't fired me I would have quit.
076. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
077. Broken a bone. I broke a teeny one in my foot just carrying the laundry basket down some stairs.
078. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Define "speeding".
079. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
080. Published a book.
081. Visited the Vatican.
082. Bought a brand new car.
083. Walked in Jerusalem. No, but my mother did and she tells me about it over and over and over and...
084. Had my picture in the newspaper.
085. Read the entire Bible. Many times - and I never get tired of it!
086. Visited the White House.
087. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Bass and perch. I've also
088. Had chickenpox. I don't remember having chickenpox, but I must have because I am clearly immune.
089. Saved someone's life. I've stopped myself from killing a couple of people. Does that count?
090. Overcome a physical disability.
091. Met someone famous. Several, most notably Kerry Livgren of Kansas
092. Joined a book club. Both those ones where they send you books in the mail and the ones where you read and then discuss a book.
093. Lost a loved one.
094. Had a baby. I've had FOUR!
095. Seen the Alamo in person.
096. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. .
097. Been involved in a law suit. Small claims over a severely muffed paint job.
098. Owned a cell phone.
099. Been stung by a bee. Only once ever. My advice? Don't go barefoot through the dandelions!
100. Ridden an elephant. At a zoo...