07 April 2009

In Twenty Years It'll Be Me!

The girlies and I visited the nursing home today with Earlybird and Peanut and another little girl. I approached two smiling elderly ladies who were sitting at a table together. They grinned and cooed over all the little girls, then I noticed a small photo album full of family type snapshots on the table.

I smiled at Myrna,"So, are these pictures of your grandkids or your great-grandkids?"

"Oh no...These are my great, GREAT grandkids!"

I oooed appreciatively, but Irma pursed her lips and started shaking her head.

"I don't think so, I don't think SO." she muttered.

"What don't you think?" I asked.

"I don't think those are her kids! They're mine! See, there I am in the picture!"

Myrna looked puzzled, "Are you sure?"

Irma nodded firmly, then faltered, "Well...I THINK so. Am I?"

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, this is PRICELESS!!!

Superwoman said...

lol, at least they're happy!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think that's already me:)

Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh my...That is precious and sad and cute and precious and funny... And me in hopefully more than 20 years but sometimes it feels like yesterday? Or was it today? Hugs!

Karen said...

Really? 20 years? ...That long, huh?

Hmmm...

(This was great! Thanks for sharing it. Killer and I both got a kick out of it).

Dawn said...

Adorable - it for sure will be me! I am glad you take the girls to see these people.