I had an extremely busy weekend and now I am on a mission to get some loose ends tied up before November 1st, so I'm all ready for NaNoWriMo. What do I need to do?
1. Finish some curtains for my Mom. She's been waiting and I've been procrastinating.
2. Finish the unfinished Christmas gifts from last year and mail them. The recipients have been waiting and I've been procrastinating.
3. Make some significant progress on my Happy at Home homeschooling group on Squidoo. It's already MUCH better than it was, but still needs quite a bit of tweaking.
4. Make sure my house is CLEAN. I cannot write in a dirty house!
5. Brainstorm more story ideas and write them down.
6. Make some sort of logical plot timeline for the story. It will be a complete waste of time because I won't stick to it, but it will make feel like a REAL writer.
7. Meet with some of the other Nano writers from my region so that I can feel totally inadequate before I start actually writing.
Hey look! That's seven things. Coincidentally (or not) I lifted this Meme from Anno.
7 Things I Plan To Do Before I Die
1. Go on a short term missions trip to Africa
2. Have something published somewhere other than the op/ed section of the paper.
3. Speak/minister to women at some other church than my own.
4. Lose 15 pounds and keep it off.
5. See my son and my brother-in-law serving the Lord whole-heartedly (I guess I can't "plan" on this one, but I can pray and I can hope!)
6. Write and perform my own songs.
7. Discover a way to eat chocolate every day without regaining the last 15 pounds I worked so hard to lose.
7 Things I Do Now
2. Read my Bible
3. Drink coffee and tea
4. Cringe whenever the phone rings
5. Sing on a regular basis
7. Sleep 9 hours a night
7 Things I Can't Do
1. Raise just one eyebrow. (This singular lack is the bane of my dramatic existance.)
2. Understand html
3. Start a project and complete it without many starts and stops.
4. Burp on purpose.
5. Cope with background noise.
6. Stay on a set schedule.
7. Stay on a diet for more than 3 weeks.
7 Things That Attract Me To The Opposite Sex
1. Awesome hair (I like it long and curly...Mulletman's is perfect!)
2. Cleanliness - I don't mind if he gets sweaty, greasy, etc., but he'd better wash well and often if he does!
4. Faithful to God
5. Faithful to ME
6. Is serious enough to counter my silliness/foolishness
7. Is silly enough to make me laugh at unexpected moments.
7 Things That I Say Most Often
1. I wonder who THAT is? (when the phone rings - usually during school)
2. We'll see...
3. I don't think so, Tim.
4. Ooooo! A birdie! (We have a new bird feeder and the wonder has not yet waned.)
5. I love you.
6. You're my favorite Silly-Head/Girly-Girl
7. In a minute...
7 Celebrities I Would Invite To A Dinner Party
I honestly can't think of a single one...I prefer to invite people I already know and like or people I know a wee bit and want to get to know better. I don't even recognize the names of most "celebrities", let alone have any desire to meet or know them.
7 Poems That I May Have Read The First Time Just Because I Liked Their Titles:
1. Nearsighted Girl With Approaching Tidalwave (song by Daniel Amos)
2. Missing (A.A. Milne)
3. You Must Never Bath in an Irish Stew (Spike Milligan) (Yes, it's "Bath", not "Bathe")
4. A Pig is Never Blamed (Babette Deutsch) I couldn't find this one online anywhere. I started to type it up for you, but I don't have permission to do so and I'd hate to break the copyright. Instead, you can find a copy of it in The Random House Book of Poetry for Children (Random House 1983).
5. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (Robert Frost)
6. Jabberwocky (Lewis Carroll)
7. Mummy Slept Late and Daddy Fixed Breakfast (John Ciardi)
7 Bloggers who should complete this meme i-meme-diately