17 July 2007

Bird Brain

My kids crack me up. I am on staff for our church's VBS. This means we are at the church VBSing in some capacity or another from 7:45AM to around 1PM. Then we get home, I collapse and the girls immediately get busy playing - you guessed it -VBS...ALL DAY LONG!

I didn't get to poke anyone today (for poking explanations, see my comments on yesterday's post), but I did some VERY dramatic acting through 5 skits in a row with about 1 minute's respite between groups. Translation? This cowgirl is WaHooed out for today!

Once we got home and I settled at the computer, Wendy came to visit.

Who's Wendy, you may ask.

Go ahead.

Ask.

Wendy is a female goldfinch who has serious issues with one of our kitchen windows. Every couple of days she shows up and pecks the heck out of the glass and chirps her fool head off. One day her male cohort, whom the girls have not yet named, came in her stead, but usually it's just Wendy.

Here she is in all her imperial glory.

Tapping, tapping, TAPPING.

I may just have to poke her!





9 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Groovy:-) I'm back from my trip and now trying to catch up on everyone's news! Sounds like you feel like doing some more poking...where's the Pillsbury Dough Boy when you need him???? I think Wendy is trying to give you the hint that she wants to come in and visit you???? lol I'm now off to go see if my glass is half full or half empty.....

Dawn said...

We used to play VBS at our house - and missionary, and Billy Graham Crusade. We were all about church stuff when we were P.K.'s!

Angel Mama said...

My kids love VBS and play it at home too. The birdie is so cute.

Angel ():)

Anonymous said...

aaaaw he just wants to come in and play!!!

Tammy said...

We had a bird that did that last year...and our guess was that it saw it's reflection in the window and was trying to well, get to know the other bird...LOL

Hey, Groovy, where for art thou...I haven't seen you stopping by in awhile! Miss ya!

Corn Dog said...

Great pictures of Wendy. she is a pretty little gal, although ill mannered.

Damselfly said...

I love your kitchen window! Wendy probably does too.

Marianne Arkins said...

I say the bird is after those little hanging glass whoozies... and she's awfully cute (easy for me to say since she's not tapping, raven-like, at my window).

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a silly bird!