29 December 2006

Don't Be Jealous!

Remember Folks: Jealousy, envy, and covetousness are sins. So get ahold of yourself BEFORE you read this post.

Are you all set?

OK.

Guess what I got for Christmas.

No, no goats. In fact I received nothing furry or living. Thanks for bringing up such a sore subject! Guess again.

No, nothing electronic. We're semi-Ludites you silly geese!

No, no diamonds or jewels. Although I did some cute little earrings from my Mommy. They're costume jewelry. I like them, but they're nothing to rate envy, jealousy, or covetousness. Try again.

No, no tickets for plays, planes or parking violations.

You'd might as well just give up because you'll NEVER guess.

I got...(Drum Roll, Please)...




The very latest in...



(Are you Ready?)



TOASTER TECHNOLOGY!


Are you shocked? Are you surprised? Are you suddenly jealous, envious, and covetous? (I knew you would be!)


Yes, that's right. I am now the proud owner of a Hamilton Beach Toastation. It slices, it dices, it...well actually it, um...uh...it toasts breads and breakfast pastries and reheats pizza slices and fish sticks - just like my old toaster oven did.

However, this one does it with STYLE as you can see for yourself in the picture:



Oooooooooo! Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Ooooooohhhhhhhh!
Many thanks to my wonderful in-laws for this proud post-Christmas moment.

[Whaddya mean boasting and pride are sins too?! I'm just fooling around. Quit being so critical or I'll cry or something!]

********************************
Mulletman got me a great gift too, a beautiful ceramic Lang travel mug. Yippee! No more driving around with cheap plastic drug rep hand-out mugs!





The text on the side says, "And the multitude of them that believed were of One Heart and of One Soul." Acts 4:32

I hope you all fared as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nice toaster oven. Killer had one of those, but it died a horrible death attempting to heat dinner.

It was very sad.

We buried it in the backyard. I hope yours fares better.